Your website is often your customers’ first impression of your brand. Even if you are a small business that depends on local foot traffic, there’s a good chance that your customers are researching your business online before they come in. That is why it’s vital that you have a professional website.
The importance of a website cannot be overstated. But if this website is unattractive or hard to navigate, then you may be turning your customers away without even knowing it. In fact, a survey from Business 2 Community shows that 94% of people stated that web design is the top reason that they mistrust or reject a website.
Professional web design should include (but is not limited to) the following elements:
- Simple Navigation – It shouldn’t be hard for visitors to find what they’re looking for on your site without clicking around several times. Navigation menus should be clear and simple, helping visitors find what they’re looking for in just a few moments.
- Attractive Design – Your site should be attractive, using colours and images that align with your brand while also being pleasing to the eye. A professional site has a balance between attractive design and content that’s easy to read and quick to load.
- Helpful Content – The content on your site should be informative and help visitors better understand your products and services. It also needs to emphasize relevant keywords that your consumers might use to find brands like yours online.
- Search Engine Optimization – Your site structure and content both need to be optimized for search engines like Google. Professional site design includes SEO services that ensure consumers can find your site online.
- Fast Site Load Times – If your site doesn’t load within a few seconds, visitors may be inclined to leave. Professional website design will ensure quick load times to improve the user experience.
- Easy Conversion – Your website should make it easy for visitors to convert with a quick and simple check-out process. Your shopping cart should also be easy for customers to use and come back to if they click away from your page.
If you don’t have the resources in-house to design and maintain a professional, working website, then you may need to get help from a web design agency. A web design agency knows what it takes to design a site that offers a positive user experience. They can create clean and simple navigation that makes it easy for your site visitors to find the content they are looking for even easier for them to make a purchase once they’ve found what they need.
A web design agency can also create web page content that is optimized for the search engines. SEO website content will make it easy for your target consumers to find you when they look for relevant topics and products on search engines like Google.
If you need help designing an attractive website that’s optimized for the search engines and easy to navigate, it’s time to call in the experts. Our web design team provides end to end web design and digital marketing services to help brands like yours reach new audiences online. To find out more about our services or to learn more about the importance of a website, contact us today.